Determine if AI adds value
AI is better at some things than others. Make sure that it’s the right technology for the user problem you’re solving.
Before you start building with AI, make sure the product or feature that you have in mind requires AI, or would be enhanced by it.
AI is well-suited for applications like:
- Recommending different content to different users, such as movie suggestions
- Predicting future events, such as weather events or flight price changes
- Natural language understanding
- Image recognition
A rule or heuristic-based solution may be better when:
- Maintaining predictability is important
- Users, customers or developers need complete transparency
- People don’t want a task automated
See the User Needs chapter for more on when to use (or not) AI.
Use AI when the predictive system can create a valuable personalized experience that couldn’t exist without it.
Don’t use AI just because you can. Heuristics or manual control can often create better experiences. Here, using music preferences to suggest workouts will likely lead to a worse experience than letting people manually choose workouts.